Game Development | Physics
A list of links to things I’ve found interesting
Game Development Resources
Aras Pranckevičius’ Blog
– Aras is a build engineer at Unity technologies, previously a graphics programmer. His blog is full of fascinating things.
Gaffer On Games
– An absolute gold mine of information on networking, and physics simulation in games. One of the best game programming blogs there is.
– Forrest Smith’s Blog, a software engineer who writes stunning articles about things like ballistic trajectories and the balancing of Smash Bros.
Red Blob Games
– Amazing interactive visual explanations of math and algorithms used in games
– This blog is full of incredible game development tutorials on topics like shaders, rendering and even machine learning
Games From Within
– A general game development blog with some great articles about things like data oriented design and agile development
– Game programming blog with articles about API design, software engineering, and the game’s industry
Randy Gaul’s Game Programming Blog
– The blog of Randy Gaul, a software engineer working for microsoft on Azure. Amazing articles about game programming can be found here.
Skypjack On Software
– Skypjack created Entt, an ECS library used by the C++ version of minecraft. This is his blog an it’s a great resource on ECS architectures.
Nicholas Frechette’s Blog
– Great game programming blog covering animation compression techniques and memory allocators
Game Programming Patterns
– An amazing book about common programming techniques in games, which you can read for free online!
Alex Tardif’s site
– A great game programming blog heavily focused on graphics
General Programming Resources
– An in-progress, but amazing book on programming languages that walks you through implementing an interpreter
Joel On Software
– The blog of Stack Overflow founder, Jeol Spolsky. Covers everything from software development to management and business
– Another stellar programming blog on software engineering and coding
– Easily the best science news and editorial site on the internet. Extremely high quality science articles on physics, maths, biology and computer science
– One of the best reference websites for huge amount of physics knowledge. This site got me through my degree
Of Particular Significance
– Blog of theoretical physicist Matt Strassler, articles mainly related to the Large Hadron Collider, particle physics, quantum field theory and string theory.
– A blog about physics, science, the universe and everything by Florian Marquardt
David Colson © 2019